Contact: Eric Kuhn
The Denver-based company will partner with NextLight™ to deliver the best in television and broadband.
Layer3 TV, the first new cable company in more than a decade, is partnering with the City of Longmont to provide a special virtual bundle offer of next generation cable television exclusively when bundled with NextLight Broadband gigabit network. Billed as ‘The New Cable®,’ Layer3 TV is expanding its footprint into Colorado starting in Longmont this month and will deliver a one-of-a-kind, personalized home entertainment experience through a revolutionary intuitive interface that seamlessly integrates the best of local, cable and premium channels with streaming online video content, social media and smart home devices. This strategic partnership between The New Cable service and NextLight’s 100% fiber-optic network creates the ultimate pairing of advanced technology services, makes every customer’s choice more convenient, and ensures that each customer has the most entertaining experience while being more connected than ever before. Above all, Layer3 TV is fully committed to differentiate each customer’s experience by delivering white glove customer service.
“Layer3 TV is leading the charge to revolutionize the way people experience television by putting the customer at the center of an expansive content universe,” says Jeff Binder, CEO of Layer3 TV. “Our mission is to pioneer the newest technologies and make a TV service that is easy and enjoyable to use. Layer3 TV’s mission is to change the future of the entire cable industry for the better. Over the years we have had tremendous support from the state of Colorado, so it’s exciting to officially start offering local residences with the best in class new cable service.”
“High-quality, subscription television services like Layer3 TV are a natural fit for NextLight’s ultra-high-speed services, and open up new choices addressing the demands of our customers,” said general manager Tom Roiniotis of Longmont Power & Communications, which runs the community-owned network. “This is just one more example of the added value NextLight is bringing home to Longmont. The market for cable television is being transformed by competitive providers like Layer 3 TV. Due to this exclusive offering, NextLight customers are in a unique position to take maximum advantage of Layer3 TV’s new and highly innovative experience for traditional television.”
Layer3 TV’s cable service includes the following core features:
- allHD™ All the Time: Layer3 TV’s unmatched allHD™ offers more channels in higher-quality high-definition than any other provider — for no extra fee. Watch over 200 channels in industry-leading HD at no additional monthly fee and without all those annoying duplicate SD channels clogging up your channel guide.
- Simple Pricing with No Annual Contracts: Available month-to-month, Layer3 TV is not just price competitive, but commitment-free. Plans start at $74 and promise no hidden fees, no annual contracts and the ability to change your service online at any time.
- TV That Learns You™: Layer3 TV’s signature feature, TV That Learns You™, tracks your viewing habits and curates all your favorite shows for a completely personalized experience. Easily find what you want to watch, when you want to watch it, all from your very own home screen. Spend more time watching and less time searching!
- Expert Customer Service: Longmont-area residents will be supported 24/7 by 100% U.S.-based experts, available through phone, email, text or chat.
- Out-of-the-Box, All in One Box: Layer3 TV’s user-friendly interface integrates live TV, cable and premium channels with social media, streaming online video (YouTube) and smart home devices. All this ground-breaking technology is built into a sleek Set-Top Box designed by BMW Designworks.
- DVR More than Ever Before: An advanced DVR gives Layer3 TV users the ability to record seven shows simultaneously while watching an eighth live and save up to 1,000 shows in allHD™.
- Binge-Watch Thousands of Top Titles: An always expanding video on demand (VOD) library boasts top-rated shows, movies and bonus content, Layer3 TV offers up to 20,000 titles in stunning allHD™ and 4K.
- Watch 4K in Every Room: Layer3 TV subscribers with 4K TVs can experience larger-than-life 4K on every Set-Top Box, in every room — at no additional cost. 4K (also known as UHD or Ultra HD) delivers a crisper, more detailed and vibrant picture. Layer3 TV’s Platinum package features a 24/7 live 4K channel - NASA UHD TV and select VOD titles.
Layer3 TV is also currently available in the Washington D.C. metro and greater Chicago areas. The company, which was started in 2013, is headquartered in Denver, CO and employs over 150 people in the Denver area.
Learn more about this unique partnership and sign up for service at Layer3TV.com/NextLight.
For more information, please visit layer3tv.com or follow along on social media at @Layer3TV.
ABOUT LAYER3 TV
Layer3 TV, Inc. is The New Cable™. Layer3 TV offers customers a revolutionary, intuitive interface that seamlessly integrates the best of cable TV, premium channels, streaming online video content, social media and smart home devices. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company is backed by highly respected players in entertainment and private equity including Evolution Media Partners (whose shareholders include TPG Growth, Creative Artists Agency and Jeff Skoll/Participant Media), Paulson and Company, Inc., Altice, and North Bridge Venture Partners. To learn more follow Layer3 TV on Twitter and Facebook @Layer3TV or visit layer3tv.com.
About Longmont Power & Communications
Longmont Power & Communications is a community-owned, non-profit electric and broadband services utility that operates under the direction of Longmont City Council. Established in 1912, our goal is to deliver electric and communications services that provide outstanding value to our customer–owners. In 2014, we began to build and operate the NextLight fiber-optic broadband system, which is making Longmont the first “gigabit city” in Colorado. To learn more, visit LongmontColorado.gov/lpc.